Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Billy Swan: I Can Help

Billy Swan (born Billy Lance Swan, May 12, 1942, Cape Girardeau, Missouri) is an American songwriter and singer, best known for his 1974 single, "I Can Help".

Swan's first album included the popular song "I Can Help", a rockabilly number that topped both the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and Country charts in 1974. The track reached 6 in the UK Singles Chart. "I Can Help" was certified gold on December 2, 1974, for sales of one million units by the Recording Industry Association of America. Swan recorded the song in two takes (without overdubs) with an electric organ that Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge had bought for him as a wedding present. The accompanying album of the same name also topped the Country list.

"I Can Help"


No comments:

Post a Comment