Monday, May 04, 2009

Ohio Express, 1910 Fruitgum Company: "Chewy, Chewy"

This is the kind of thing that will be posted here. I come across all kinds of things in my travels online. This group Ohio Express along with the 1910 fruitgum company were products of "Super K Productions". Super K Productions was a 1960's American recording production company, headed by producers Jerry Kasenetz and Jeffrey Katz, whose groups specialized in bubblegum pop. The guys changed musicians like i change socks. It was all in the promotion, and not so much the musicians that made this genre' work...for a couple of years at least.
Video is a little choppy and pixelated but it is genuine "Chewy, Chewy"



This one is done sometime in the late 90's I believe, but I don't know what incarnation of players are involved. There were dozens over the years for this band. This is Ohio Express "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy"



What shit I grew up with... But the funny thing is that I not only remember it, but others do too. AND THEY FOUND VIDEO!

The 1910 Fruitgum Company (often shortened to 1910 Fruitgum Co.) is an American bubblegum pop band of the 1960s, the name of which was inspired from a candy wrapper that guitarist Frank Jeckell found in his attic. The group's biggest hits included "Simon Says," and "1, 2, 3, Red Light"
Just check out the Band change from Simon Says to 1,2,3,Redlight. and really listen to "Mark", the guy being interviewed as it really sums up "super k's" philosophy.

1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says




1910 Fruitgum Company: 1-2-3 Red Light




The saddest part for me is that my 2 1/2 year old son makes me listen EVERY DAY when I get home. He loves them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment